- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour, from US$1136 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour, from US$2297 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China, from US$1578 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China, from US$1197 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
As the most beautiful islets in China, the Thousand Islets Lake embraces 1078 islands of various sizes, in which the landscapes are picturesque and mysterious. Covering an area of 573 square kilometers, the lake is more than one hundred times larger than the West Lake. Forest covers nearly 93 per cent of the lake area, which is home to over 1,800 varieties of plants and 2,100 wild animals. With an average depth of 34 meters and a water visibility up to 12 meters, the lake provides a peaceful environment and the drinkable water for the people nearby.
A bird’s eye of view will provides you a very different and fantastic view of the Thousand Islets Lake, which looks like a chessboard with thickly dotted chessmen on. Traveling among the islets just like lingering inside a picture, which will give you a feeling of falling into a mysterious wonderland where the green hills, limpid water, fantastic caves and bizarre stones are covered by a film of mist.
In addition to its tranquil natural scenery, Qiandao Hu also boasts a large number of historical sites. Tow ancient towns, both dating back to more than 1,800 years ago, were discovered under the lake in 2002. After preliminary investigation, experts believe they might be the biggest ancient building complex found in China. The two towns were submerged 40 years ago to make way for a reservoir. Historical records show that the town was filled with traditional Chinese architectures with bricks, stones and titles.
Opening Hours: 7:00 -- 17:00
120 CNY (Mar. 1 -- Nov. 30)
100 CNY (Dec. 1 -- Feb. 28)
Half fare for the kids between 1.1 and 1.4 m, the students, the disabled and the soldiers
Free for the kids below 1.1m, the people older than 70 years and the tour guide of a tour group
Location: South Pailing Road, Qiandaohu Town, Chunan County, Hangzhou
Transportation: Long-distance bus from Qiandaohu Town will bring you here (3 hours/ 60 CNY)