- From $807Best of China Tour Beijing,Xi'an,Guilin, Shanghai
- From $1186Splendid China Tour Beijing, Xian, Chongqing, Three Gorges, Yichang, Shanghai, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1225The Middle Kingdom Tour Beijing, Xi’an, Suzhou, Hangzhou,Shanghai,
- From $1616Beautiful Landscape and Others Guilin,Chengdu, Xi'an,Shanghai, Huangshan,Hangzhou, Beijing
- From $939Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
White Jade Hill is located in the center of Lushun Region, it is about 130-meter high (427-foot-high). It uses to be called Xiguan Hill. The current name 'white jade' was given by Li Hongzhang, an influential official of Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). Ascending the hill and knowing the opposite one was called Gold Hill, he said gold should be associated with white jade. Thus the name it was changed to the present one. It is one of the historic sites in Dalian. After the Russian-Japanese War in 1909, a white tower was erected on top of the hill by the Japanese to commemorate officers and soldiers who had died in the war by using forced Chinese labor. The tower has a height of 66.8 meters (219 feet) has become the evidence of their historical crime. The Naval Weapon Museum, Bird Garden and Rock Museum are the major scenic spot in the park of White Jade Hill.
Access to the summit (130 meters above sea level) can be obtained by hiking, driving, or riding a tram. The views from on top afford satellite-like views of the harbor, Laotie Mountain, and the China-Russia Friendship Tower. The summit is also crowned with German cannon once used for national defense, and a solemn White Jade Hill Tower signifying China's military past. The hill's thick pine forest makes it a great escape from the maw of the city.
Location: Jiusan Road, Lushunkou
Entrance Fee: RMB 38
Transportation: Take Bus No.201, 215.