- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Praised as ‘a fairyland beneath the colorful clouds of southern China’, Lijiang is a beautiful destination with unique natural landscapes and brilliant history. Located in the northwestern Yunnan, Lijiang has been a habitat of 12 ethnic groups since ancient times, while the Naxi people accounts 57.7% of the total population.
Endowed with plenty of hills, crystal waters and steep peaks, Lijiang is an ideal destination for every nature lovers and adventurer. Take a hiking tour in the Tiger Leaping Gorge to experience this magnificent and traditional itinerary in Lijiang. Go to appreciate picturesque Lugu Lake and to know something about the Mosuo people, a branch of the ethnic Naxi group who retain the vestiges of a matriarchal society. The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is a good place for tourism, mountain climbing, exploration and outing, including Spruce Meadow, Baishui River, and Ganhaizi, etc. Other natural attractions are the First Bend of Yangtze River, Black Dragon Pool, Laojun Mountain, Yak Meadow and Lashihai.
In 1997, Lijiang appeared on UNESCO’s World Cultural Heritage List for its ancient style and features. Thus Lijiang is also very attractive for those who are interested in Chinese cultures or ethnic customs. The Ancient Town of Lijiang is well preserved and famous for its architectures, which combine the essences of Han, Bai, Yi, Naxi and Tibetan groups. Built in the Qing Dynasty, Yufeng Monastery is a well-known lamasery in Lijiang and renowned for a camellia in it. With a history of ever 300 years, Baisha Murals are wonderful sight with bright colors, vivid patterns and smooth lines.
When traveling in Lijiang, don’t forget to have a walk in the ancient town, choose your favorite local products in souvenir shops, taste delicious snacks and experience unique ethnic cultures.