- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour, from US$1136 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour, from US$2297 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China, from US$1578 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China, from US$1197 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Located along the Ganjiang River in the north of Jiangxi province, Nanchang, the capital of the Province, is the center of the provincial economy, politics, science and technology, and culture and education. Nanchang has some 3.79 million inhabitants. Governing five districts (East Lake, West Lake, Qingyunpu, Wanli and Jiaoqu) and four counties (Nanchang, Xinjian, Jinxian, and Anyi) with a total area of 7,400 square kilometers. For many centuries, it was a storage and distribution center for the famous porcelain from nearby Jingdezhen. With a long history, it is also known as a heroic city because of the August 1 Nanchang Uprising.
On August 1, 1937, Zhou Enlai led an uprising against Chiang Kai-Shek’s nationalist army at Nanchang before retreating to the nearby Jinggang Mountains to form one of the first armed forces of the Chinese Red Army. The city is best known for the events that became a turning point in the history of the People Republic of China. Today, the anniversary of the uprising is celebrated each year in China as the day the People's Liberation Army was founded. The August 1 Uprising Museum in Nanchang commemorates these events and there are other historical sites in the city devoted to the city revolutionary past.
Nanchang is rich in agricultural, forest, and aquatic resources. Not only is it a large grain region, but it also produces cotton, peanuts, sesame, jute, fruit, lotus roots, and freshwater fish. Watermelons and grapes are excellent here. The main industries of Nanchang are engineering, textile, food processing, and electronics. Its manufacturing of automobiles and planes also play an important role in China at present.
There are many tourist attractions in Nanchang, such as the Memorial Hall of the August 1st Nanchang Uprising, the People's Square, the August 1st Park, Qingyunpu, and Tengwang Tower.
Today, Nanchang is an industrialized city and its urban landscape has been heavily influenced by the revolutionary years and Soviet-style industrialism. Many visitors explore the sights in Nanchang en route to the Jinggangshan mountains and the city of Jingdezhen, which is famous for its porcelain.