- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Qingdao is a beautiful seaside city on the southern coast of the Shandong Peninsula which is located in the southeast part of Shandong Province. As bordering on the Yellow Sea and the Jiaozhou Bay, it is an important city for international trade.
Qingdao has a total coastline (including its islands) of 870 kilometers, 730 kilometers of which are continental coastline, accounting for one fourth of the total length in Shandong. There are numerous capes and coves along the tortuous coastline. Qingdao has 7 urban districts and 5 county-level cities under its jurisdiction with a total area of 10,654 square kilometers and a population of 7,156,500. The urban area measures 1,102 square kilometers and urban residents total 241,740.
The red roofs, green trees, blue sea, and azure sky make Qingdao bright and colorful. The city is sometimes known as the Switzerland of the Orient. Surrounded by the sea on three sides, Qingdao attracts many tourists with its charming seascape. Major scenic spots there include the Eight Passes Villas, the Zhan Bridge, Mt. Laoshan, The Small Qingdao Island, Just walking on the sand and listening to the surf breaking on the beach becomes enjoyable.
As Qingdao offers food with distinctive flavors--especially seafood, so take this chance to enjoy the delicious seafood. Also, its mineral water, wine, and excellent Tsingtao Beer are world-famous. Among the local arts and crafts, shell carvings are especially popular with tourists. To enhance the tourism industry, Qingdao now sponsors the Qingdao International Beer Festival, the Qingdao International Sea Festival, Beach Culture Festival, the Sea Affection Festival, and the Summer of Qingdao Festival, etc.
Qingdao held the Sailing Competition in the Olympic Games in 2008. This great event also had brought a great opportunity for this charming city to build its bright future.