Featured China Tours
- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour, from US$1136 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour, from US$2297 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China, from US$1578 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China, from US$1197 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Heavy rain hit Fenghuang ancient town
By: China Expedition Tours Published: 7/16/2015 8:47:11 AM
Days of heavy rain has ruthlessly hit the Fenghuang ancient town, a wind and rain bridge was washed away, power outage occured, and all the tourists attractions were closed.The local government announced that the rains has caused nearly 128,000 people affected, city residents and tourists evacuated. Some travel agencies in China has already changed group trip to Fenghuang into Zhangjiajie or other cities.
"I now dare not go back to the hostel, I really hope that the water can quickly disappear. " Mrs. Tian, owner of a hostel in Fenghuang said yesterday afternoon. "From five o'clock in the morning, the county clerk began to knock the door, so we quickly informed our guests to evacuate from the hostel. I dared not to delay, woke all visitors, let them check out as soon aas possible. " "By nine o'clock, everything was done. Then I thought I should go to the ground floor rooms to collect things to minimize the loss. But I didn't realize that the flood has risen high to my buttocks. We had no time to collect things that we immediately escape from the room. "
Mrs. Tian said heavy rains occured in previous years in Fenghuang, but not like this."It's too crazy, the flood has reached to the window of second floor, a TV set in the room has been washed away."
China Tours by Theme