- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Over 50 percent of Chinese families will take a self-planned trip during the seven-day break. High-quality services are being considered by travelers rather than price, the administration said in its Tour Guide for the Spring Festival Holiday.
The guide shows that nearly 40 percent of those with travel plans have signed contracts with well-known travel agents, while only 6.2 percent reserved low-price products offered by lesser-known agencies.
"Travelers have become more rational when choosing tour products," said Hou Zhengang, inspector of the administration's Comprehensive Coordination Department. "This is what we are delighted to see and we encourage travelers to choose products and routes with full consideration of their budgets and interests but not slavishly attracted by price."
About 385 million domestic visitors will be received during the holiday and revenues of 476 billion yuan ($75.3 billion) will be generated during the time, up 12 and 12.5 percent, respectively, compared with the year prior, according to the administration's data.
People, however, tend to stagger their travel plans rather than flocking to the scenic spots during the holiday thanks to the implementation of paid vacations, the administration said.
The administration also said that leisure travel destinations - hot spring resorts for example - have attracted the most attention from travelers. Optimism is also up over tour packages with activities involving winter sports and local delicacies.
"Travel destinations featuring folk culture, winter sports activities and high tech options offer various choices to travelers," Hou said. "But safety still remains the most important issue as we've emphasized."
Four tips on safe tours including transportation, product purchases and civilized behavior are contained in the newly released Tour Guide.
Natural environment, social customs and religious beliefs of the travel destinations should also be respected.
Safety is always the top priority during the journey.