- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour, from US$1136 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour, from US$2297 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China, from US$1578 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China, from US$1197 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Nanjing, located on the south bank of the Yangtze River, the capital of Jiangsu Province, is one of the most delightful Chinese cities. Known as the capital of ten periods in Chinese history, Nanjing is a city famed for its rich culture, long history and beautiful landscape.
As one of the eight great ancient capitals in China. Nanjing has a long history and is one of the first cities awarded the title of "Famous Historic and Culture City" by the State Council. In 472 B.C., Goujian, the king of Yue State, started to build the city at Yuhuatai, thus it was called "Yue city" In 229 A.D., the Eastern Wu Dynasty of the Three Kingdoms moved its capital to Nanjing and started to develop "Jianye city" as it was named then. Following this, the Eastern Jin, Song. Qi, Liang and Chen Dynasties, Southern Tang Dynasty, Ming Dynasty, Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and Republic of China all located their capitals in Nanjing. These eras left behind many famous attractions including: the willowed banks of Xuanwu Lake, the bright lights and river scenery of Confucius Temple, the ancient city wall (the best preserved in the world), the World Heritage-listed Ming Tomb, Dr.Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum proclaiming to the world the spirit of Freedom, Equality and Fraternity, Jinghai Temple, Presidential Palace and many, many other places of historical interest. Among the many protected cultural relics and sites in Nanjing, one has been inscribed on the World Heritage List, 14 are protected at the national level and 135 at the provincial level. As a result, three cultures with distinctive characteristics may be witnessed in Nanjing: the culture of the Six Dynasties, the culture of the Ming Dynasty, the culture of the Republic of China.
Nanjing, with a favorable geographical location and picturesque landscape, is also a famous tourist city. Nanjing is situated on the lower reaches of the Yangtze River where the four seasons are clearly demarcated, bringing plenty of rainfall and abundant produce. The mountains, lakes, rivers, forests and the city proper form beautiful vistas all year round. In spring, it is common to visit Niushou Mountain scenic area's misty greenness. In summer the sunlight and clouds in the eastem suburbs is famous, while in autumn climbing the splendid Qixia Mountain is favored, Lastly, in winter it is recommended to view the stone city wall under the white snow. Nanjing's magnificent scenery extends across the seasons and across the city's reach.
Nanjing is a modem city brimming with dynamism and confidence. Nanjing has comprehensive strengths and is one of the four national key cities for science and commerce. Nanjing, with complete infrastructure, is an important transportation and communication hub in East China and with dynamic trade and commerce sectors is the most important commercial city in the Yangtze River delta region after Shanghai. As an ancient capital city, green city, cultural city, riverside city and city of Fraternity, Nanjing has emerged as one of China's most attractive destinations for investment and living.