- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour, from US$1136 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour, from US$2297 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China, from US$1578 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China, from US$1197 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
Xinan Ancient City is a place that can tell stories, for it has witnessed more than 600 years’ changes. Known as Nantou Ancient City, Xin'an Ancient City covers a total area of 70,000 square meters. Relying on the mountain and facing the sea, this mysterious ancient city is still exuding strong cultural flavors from the old streets where old architectures and the original designs are well preserved.
Here was once the pass of strategic significance, was once the city center of Shenzhen and was once one of the most prosperous cities in China. A series of important archaeological discoveries proved that the city has its own 'roots'. More than 300 relics were unearthed there, most of which are porcelain. Archaeologists also found relics of corner watchtowers, which were previously only found in Wuchang, Hubei Province, a very famous town in Chinese history.
The rebuilt Nantou Ancient City Museum was the home of the former Bao'an County People's Government, opened to public in 29th September 2004, displaying for the first time 300 precious ancient artifacts that were chosen from more than 3,000 antiques excavated at the ancient city and Wubeiling between November 2001 and November 2002. They include pottery, jade and stoneware.
Opening Hours: the whole day
Ticket Price: free
Location: Nanshan Zone, Shenzhen
Transportation: Bus No. 21, 22, 105, 201, 204, 210, 226, 332, 427, 431, 432, 433, 435, 436, 437, 456 and 511 will bring you here.