Highlights & Features
- Stunning villatic karst scenery
- Off the beaten track ancient roads
- Ancient village and its featured houses
- Vast rice paddies with vivid colors
- Ancient stone arch bridge, one of the most popular photo points
- Ideal places for landscape & humanity photography
- Buffaloes, cows, goats, chickens, ducks, geese and others domestic animals & birds
- Friendly & unsophisticated local farmers and villagers
- Exclusive hiking route developed by HG (No other tourists)
Our guide and our driver with his van/car meet you in your hotel in Guilin city 8:30 in the morning, then drive for about 30 minutes (about 15 km or 9.3 miles) to arrive at a goat farm, from where the driver leave us and we start today’s hiking tour.
Firstly, we walk in a basin for 20 minutes before climbing uphill. Walk all the way on the rock-paved paths which were the main roads connecting the villages ahead and the town behind. When we see two trees, we’ve done half of the hiking. Have a rest and enjoy the stunning view of the valley and basin ahead. Go downhill and pass another goat farm, there appear some flat and beautiful lawns and ponds. Walk ahead in the basin until a village with vast rice paddies in front and mountains behind shows up. This is the Tianxin Village. Go inside the village, visit one or two old houses, have a talk with the local villagers and touch some of the adobes on the old house will inform us the interesting history and local life of this country area. After the village, go for one more kilometer, an old stone arch bride appears. This is one of the most beautiful and popular photographing spots around Guilin. Have a homemade lunch in a local household and enjoy some free time around this fascinating village before being picked up by our driver and go back to the city. On the way back to downtown city, let’s visit a museum The Flying Tiger Guilin Heritage Park, where some history of Guilin during the World War 2 can be learnt.
Pricing & Accommodation
- US Dollar
- GB Pound
- CA Dollar
- AU Dollar
- HK Dollars
*Price in every box above is for each person.
*Price is in US dollar. It may vary a little bit according to US dollar exchange rate fluctuation, car fuel price change and government tax adjustment, etc.
*Group Size in the box above only counts adult participants (those who are 12 years old or above).
*For group size over 10, please kindly send us an email for a better rate request.
*Children at the age of 5≤x﹤12, enjoy 50% discount. Children under 5 are free. Children above 12 are charged as adults. Please send us children’s details in email.
*Please note that when comparing price, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We don’t earn money by taking you to commission shopping stops, a common practice when travel with a tour group in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST, BUT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Personal English-speaking Guide for the entire tour
- Experienced Driver + comfortable Private car/van/bus for the driving part(from your hotel to the starting & end point of the hiking and back to your hotel)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Meals (our guide would recommend restaurants for lunch and dinner during hiking, and all people there may go Dutch on the food expense. You will also be informed to bring some snacks for non-meal-time use the day before)
- Gratuities, Tips to local people, the guide and driver (Although not compulsory, if you think your guide and driver have done a good job at the end of the tour, we suggest you tip them at you own decision to show your appreciations.)
- Other Personal Expenses
- For the first part of this hiking tour, we walk uphill and downhill by an ancient mountain path. It could by bushy, especially in summer season. So, boots and long pants with elastic bottoms are suggested. For the later parts, due to the flat paths and easy roads, you can change your long pants to shorts.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Unlimited bottled drinking waters are stored in our car or van, during hiking you need the day pack to carry them.
- Bring an umbrella in a cloudy day and the raining season.
- Always bring your phone and/or camera.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car or van, and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Please note that public toilets are not easily available for parts of this hike. We may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet our toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- In case of very poor weather, for the sake of our safety, Hike Guilin may make a postponement or cancellation decision right before the hiking departure time. In the circumstance of cancellation or postponement (but you are not able to do it in the postponed time), we will refund the money.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.