Highlights & Features:
- Ideal places for landscape and humanity photography > Representative sites of Guilin Landscape
- Fishermen and their working bird of cormorants
- Water buffaloes, goats, cows, ducks and other animals & birds
- Shooting location of the picture on the 20-yuan RMB note
- Ancient streets & old residential houses in Xingping Town
- Bird-eye view of the most beautiful section of the Li River
- Off the beaten track mountain paths
- Stunning karst landscape (mountains & rivers) scenery
Leave your hotel to drive to Xianei Village near Yangdi Town at about 8:30 in the morning by taking our private van. It takes about 1.5 hour. We firstly walk through the village and go uphill toward the Li River. The mountain paths are rough and narrow. When you see the Li River, walk downhill and take a right turn, walking along until you arrive at the Quanjiazhou Village. Then a 3-hour walk on the right side of the river will be followed. We will see several famous scenic spots during this part: The Apple Rock, the Xialong Scenery, the Immortal Riding on the Back of the Rooster and the Painted Hill of Nine Horses, etc.
It's so different to appreciate the beauty of the Li River by walking from cruising. You can stop anywhere you like, spending more time there than the other places. Your view angle will be higher and wider than on the boat. You see local people's life in their villages and fields along, which can sometimes bring you a nostalgic feeling of your childhood with grandparents in the country!
After going through the Laocuntou village, there comes the Lengshui Ferry. We need to cross the river by ferry boat. A 1-hour long walk on the left bank of the river (little bit away from the river) will take us to the town of Xingping. We will pass the exact spot where they took a picture and had it printed on the back of the 20-yuan Chinese currency note. Our hiking ends at Xingping Town and we will be picked up by our driver with his van or bus to drive to Yangshuo (40 minutes) or keep driving back to Guilin (1.5 more hours).
Pricing & Accommodation
- US Dollar
- GB Pound
- CA Dollar
- AU Dollar
- HK Dollars
* Price in every box above is for each person.
* Price is in US dollar. It may vary a little bit according to US dollar exchange rate fluctuation, car fuel price change and government tax adjustment, etc.
* Group Size in the box above only counts adult participants (those who are 12 years old or above).
* For group size over 10, please kindly send us an email for a better rate request.
* Children at the age of 5≤x﹤12, enjoy 50% discount. Children under 5 are free. Children above 12 are charged as adults. Please send us children’s details in email.
* Please note that when comparing price, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We don't earn money by taking you to commission shopping stops, a common practice when travel with a tour group in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST, BUT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Personal English-speaking Guide for the entire tour
- Experienced Driver + comfortable Private car/van/bus for the driving part (from your hotel to the starting & end point of the hiking and back to your hotel)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Meals (our guide would recommend a restaurant for simple lunch during or after this hike, and all people there may go Dutch on the food expense. Your will also be informed to bring some snacks for non-meal-time use the day before)
- Gratuities, Tips to local people, the guide and driver
(Although not compulsory, if you think your guide and driver have done a good job at the end of the tour, we suggest you tip them at you own decision to show your appreciations.)
- Other Personal Expenses
- Comfortable shoes or boots, long pants with elastic bottoms are suggested. For the rest parts, there are more flat paths and easy roads.
- Please note this hiking route can be carried out conversely.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Unlimited bottled drinking waters are stored in our car or van, during hiking you need the day pack to carry them.
- Bring an umbrella in a cloudy day and the raining season.
- Always bring your phone and/or camera.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car or van, and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Please note that, for some parts of this hiking tour, public toilets are not easily available. We may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet our toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- In case of very poor weather, for the sake of our safety, Hike Guilin may make a postponement or cancellation decision right before the hiking departure time. In the circumstance of cancellation or postponement (but you are not able to do it in the postponed time), we will refund the money.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.