Highlights & Features
- Amazingly beautiful idyllic karst scenery
- Off the beaten track mountain climb
- Bird-eye view of glass-like fields
- Ancient village and its featured houses
- Ancient stone arch bridges across the river
- Ideal places for landscape & humanity photography
- Seasonal crops & orchards all the way along (rice, orange, sugarcane & others)
- Buffaloes, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, ducks, geese and others domestic animals & birds
- Friendly & unsophisticated local farmers and villagers
- Exclusive hiking route developed by HG (No other tourists)
Our guide and our driver with his van/car meet you in your hotel in Guilin city 8:30 in the morning, then drive for about 50 minutes (about 40 km or 25 miles) to arrive at a small village, Ganbei Village near Huixian Town.
Walk for 30 minutes to another village, Muhuantou. Before visiting the village, we climb up a hill from where a sweeping view of the glass-like fields can be enjoyed. After coming down from the hill, let’s go visiting the old houses and small alleys of the village. We may walk into a local household to have an interesting conversation with the villagers. With an eyeful of stunning idyllic scenery all the way along, we keep walking by a mountain bottom and through another village until a beautiful arch bridge, Tongqiao Bridge, appears in front of us.
Another walk in the field area is needed after the Tongqiao Bridge to see the second ancient bridge with 7 openings. Lunch is always suggested to have in a local restaurant near this bridge.
The last section of walking is also by the small paths in a large area of fields, where different types of seasonal crops and fruits are planted. Our hiking concludes when you see the driver with his van/car in the first village. You can get back to your hotel back in Guilin city about 5:30 pm or Yangshuo town about 6 pm.
Pricing & Accommodation
- US Dollar
- GB Pound
- CA Dollar
- AU Dollar
- HK Dollars
* Price in every box above is for each person.
* Price is in US dollar. It may vary a little bit according to US dollar exchange rate fluctuation, car fuel price change and government tax adjustment, etc.
* Group Size in the box above only counts adult participants (those who are 12 years old or above).
* For group size over 10, please kindly send us an email for a better rate request.
* Children at the age of 5≤x﹤12, enjoy 50% discount. Children under 5 are free. Children above 12 are charged as adults. Please send us children’s details in email.
* Please note that when comparing price, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We don't earn money by taking you to commission shopping stops, a common practice when travel with a tour group in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST, BUT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Personal English-speaking Guide for the entire tour
- Experienced Driver + comfortable Private car/van/bus for the driving part(from your hotel to the starting & end point of the hiking and back to your hotel)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Meals (our guide would recommend restaurants for lunch and dinner during hiking, and all people there may go Dutch on the food expense. You will also be informed to bring some snacks for non-meal-time use the day before)
- Gratuities, Tips to local people, the guide and driver (Although not compulsory, if you think your guide and driver have done a good job at the end of the tour, we suggest you tip them at you own decision to show your appreciations.)
- Other Personal Expenses
- For the first part of this hiking tour, we climb a hill where the paths are wild and rough. So, boots, long pants with elastic bottoms and even knee pads are suggested. For the later parts, due to the flat paths and easy roads, you can change your long pants to shorts and take off the knee pads.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Unlimited bottled drinking waters are stored in our car or van, during hiking you need the day pack to carry them.
- Bring an umbrella in a cloudy day and the raining season.
- Always bring your phone and/or camera.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car or van, and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Please note that public toilets are not easily available for this hike. We may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet our toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- In case of very poor weather, for the sake of our safety, Hike Guilin may make a postponement or cancellation decision right before the hiking departure time. In the circumstance of cancellation or postponement (but you are not able to do it in the postponed time), we will refund the money.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.