Highlights & Features:
> Stunning karst landscape (mountains & rivers) scenery
> Off the beaten track mountain paths
> Bird-eye view of highlight sections of the Li River
> Water buffaloes, goats, cows, ducks and other animals & birds
> Fishermen and their working bird of cormorants
> Representative sites of Guilin Landscape
> Ideal places for landscape photography
Your guide and your driver with the car/van will meet you in your hotel at 8:30 am, a 1 and half hour drive will take you to Xianggongshan Hill about 60 km southeast of Guilin city.
Firstly, climb by the steps to the top of the hill, where a stunning panoramic view of the Li River and the karst mountains around can be enjoyed.
After coming down from the hill, take our van to go to Laocuntou Village, from where we start our hiking. Our hiking will be on the west bank of the Li River, and we walk upstream along the river for about 2 hours, and will see several famous scenic spots during this part: The Painted Hill of Nine Horses, the Immortal Riding on the Back of the Rooster, the Xialong Scenery and the Apple Rock, etc. We also walk through several peaceful riverside villages. It’s so different to appreciate the beauty of the Li River by hiking from cruising. You can stop anywhere you like, spending more time there than the other places. Your view angle will be higher and wider than on the boat. You see local people’s life in their villages and fields along, which can sometimes bring you a nostalgic feeling.
After Quanjiazhou Village, we will hike uphill to the left, leaving the Li River. The mountain paths are rough and narrow. In about 1 hour, we will get to a village named Xianei, where our driver awaits.
Pricing & Accommodation
- US Dollar
- GB Pound
- CA Dollar
- AU Dollar
- HK Dollars
* Price in every box above is for each person.
* Price is in US dollar. It may vary a little bit according to US dollar exchange rate fluctuation, car fuel price change and government tax adjustment, etc.
* Group Size in the box above only counts adult participants (those who are 12 years old or above).
* For group size over 10, please kindly send us an email for a better rate request.
* Children at the age of 5≤x﹤12, enjoy 50% discount. Children under 5 are free. Children above 12 are charged as adults. Please send us children’s details in email.
* Please note that when comparing price, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We don't earn money by taking you to commission shopping stops, a common practice when travel with a tour group in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST, BUT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Personal English-speaking Guide for the entire tour
- Experienced Driver + comfortable Private car/van/bus for the driving part (from your hotel to the starting & end point of the hiking and back to your hotel)
- Entrance fee to the Xianggongshan Hill
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Meals (our guide would recommend a restaurant for simple lunch during or after this hike, and all people there may go Dutch on the food expense. Your will also be informed to bring some snacks for non-meal-time use the day before)
- Gratuities, Tips to local people, the guide and driver
(Although not compulsory, if you think your guide and driver have done a good job at the end of the tour, we suggest you tip them at you own decision to show your appreciations.)
- Other Personal Expenses.
- At the beginning of this hiking tour, we climb the Xianggongshan Hill from which top, a panoramic view of the Li River and the karst mountains around can be enjoyed. For the second part, we walk all the way along the west bank of the Li River. Next, we need to climb uphill as well. The last part of this hike is on the mountain. So, comfortable shoes or boots, long pants with elastic bottoms are suggested.
- Please note this hiking route can be carried out conversely.
- Please note that some of our hiking tours are not open for children under certain age.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Unlimited bottled drinking waters are stored in our car or van, during hiking you need the day pack to carry them.
- Bring an umbrella in a cloudy day and the raining season.
- Always bring your phone and/or camera.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car or van, and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Please note that, for some parts of this hiking tour, public toilets are not easily available. We may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet our toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- In case of very poor weather, for the sake of our safety, Hike Guilin may make a postponement or cancellation decision right before the hiking departure time. In the circumstance of cancellation or postponement (but you are not able to do it in the postponed time), we will refund the money.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.