Highlights & Features:
> Awesome rice terrace scenery along
> Colorful minority culture and customs
> Collection of Rice Cultivating Culture
> Forests of firs and bamboos, birds and flowers
> Buffaloes, cows, pigs, chickens and other animals
> Unique wooden houses and bridges
> Organic and fresh food, fruits & vegetables
> Friendly & unsophisticated local farmers and villagers
> Ideal places for landscape & humanity photography
It takes about 2.5 hours to drive from Guilin to Longji Ancient Zhuang Village, where we start hiking. We will first walk in the village, visiting the Zhuang Ecomuseum and a hundred-year old house. A zero-distance look at those wooden and mortise-and-tenon structured houses will leave you an unforgettable memory.
Then hike all the way from Longji Ancient Zhuang Village to Ping’an Zhuang Village. We shall come across beautiful bamboo forests, fir trees and other native flora all the way.
In about 1 hour, we will arrive at the No 2 Viewing Platform, from where beautiful contour-map-like terraced rice paddies can be enjoyed. Another section of hiking will lead us to No 1 Viewing Platform, where, with your imaginations, “9 dragons and 5 tigers” can be seen. From No. 2 Viewing Platform, we go downhill through the Ping’an Village, and will see their wooden and mortise-and-tenon structured houses and local Zhuang people in their beautiful costumes. We will meet our driver in the parking in about 30 minutes after the village.
A 2.5-hour drive will take us back to the city of Guilin.
Pricing & Accommodation
- US Dollar
- GB Pound
- CA Dollar
- AU Dollar
- HK Dollars
* Price in every box above is for each person.
* Price is in US dollar. It may vary a little bit according to US dollar exchange rate fluctuation, car fuel price change and government tax adjustment, etc.
* Group Size in the box above only counts adult participants (those who are 12 years old or above).
* For group size over 10, please kindly send us an email for a better rate request.
* Children at the age of 5≤x﹤12, enjoy 50% discount. Children under 5 are free. Children above 12 are charged as adults. Please send us children’s details in email.
* Please note that when comparing price, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We don't earn money by taking you to commission shopping stops, a common practice when travel with a tour group in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST, BUT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Personal English-speaking Guide for the entire tour
- Experienced Driver + comfortable Private car/van/bus for the driving part (from your hotel to the starting & end point of the hiking and back to your hotel)
- Admission fees for the scenic spots
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Meals (our guide would recommend a restaurant for simple lunch during or after this hike, and all people there may go Dutch on the food expense. Your will also be informed to bring some snacks for non-meal-time use the day before)
- Gratuities, Tips to local people, the guide and driver
(Although not compulsory, if you think your guide and driver have done a good job at the end of the tour, we suggest you tip them at you own decision to show your appreciations.)
- Other Personal Expenses.
- We will mostly walk on the slate paths, with bushy grasses somewhere. Comfortable shoes or boots, long pants with elastic bottoms, even in summer day, are suggested.
- Please note this hiking route can be carried out conversely accordingly.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Unlimited bottled drinking waters are stored in our car or van, during hiking you need the day pack to carry them.
- Bring an umbrella in a cloudy day and the raining season.
- Always bring your phone and/or camera.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car or van, and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Please note that, for some parts of this hiking tour, public toilets are not easily available. We may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet our toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- In case of very poor weather, for the sake of our safety, Hike Guilin may make a postponement or cancellation decision right before the hiking departure time. In the circumstance of cancellation or postponement (but you are not able to do it in the postponed time), we will refund the money.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.