Highlights & Features
- Peaceful and beautiful idyllic karst scenery
- Less visited upper reaches of the Yulong River
- Off the beaten track country roads
- Ancient stone arch bridges across the river
- Ancient village and its featured houses
- Ideal places for landscape & humanity photography
- Seasonal crops & orchards all the way along (rice, orange & others)
- Buffaloes, cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese and others domestic animals & birds
- Friendly & unsophisticated local farmers and villagers
- Exclusive hiking route developed by HG (No other tourists)
After lunch, another section of walk of 45 minutes or 1 hour will lead us to our hiking end, Gongnong Bridge. Our driver will pick you up and get you back to you hotel in Guilin city in about 1.5 hours (please advise in advance if you move your hotel from Guilin city to Yangshuo town).
The first hiking part takes 45 minutes and we will see another ancient stone bridge, Yulong Bridge. Then walk all the way along the Yulong River for some 3-4 hours until we get to a guesthouse where lunch is suggested. The landscape and the idyllic scenery are just unbeatable!
Our guide and our driver with his van/car meet you in your hotel in Guilin city 8:30 in the morning, then drive for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (about 60 km or 37 miles) to arrive at a village name Sifang. 100 meters outside of the village, cross a rippling small river, there appears the Fuli Bridge, which is where we start hiking.
Pricing & Accommodation
- US Dollar
- GB Pound
- CA Dollar
- AU Dollar
- HK Dollars
*Price in every box above is for each person.
*Price is in US dollar. It may vary a little bit according to US dollar exchange rate fluctuation, car fuel price change and government tax adjustment, etc.
*Group Size in the box above only counts adult participants (those who are 12 years old or above).
*For group size over 10, please kindly send us an email for a better rate request.
*Children at the age of 5≤x﹤12, enjoy 50% discount. Children under 5 are free. Children above 12 are charged as adults. Please send us children’s details in email.
*Please note that when comparing price, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. We don’t earn money by taking you to commission shopping stops, a common practice when travel with a tour group in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST, BUT WE ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Personal English-speaking Guide for the entire tour
- Experienced Driver + comfortable Private car/van/bus for the driving part(from your hotel to the starting & end point of the hiking and back to your hotel)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Meals (our guide would recommend restaurants for lunch and dinner during hiking, and all people there may go Dutch on the food expense. You will also be informed to bring some snacks for non-meal-time use the day before)
- Gratuities, Tips to local people, the guide and driver (Although not compulsory, if you think your guide and driver have done a good job at the end of the tour, we suggest you tip them at you own decision to show your appreciations.)
- Other Personal Expenses
- For most of this hiking route, we walk along the Yulong River, which is easy to go. So, you can wear shorts, T-shirt and sports/walking shoes.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Unlimited bottled drinking waters are stored in our car or van, during hiking you need the day pack to carry them.
- Bring an umbrella in a cloudy day and the raining season.
- Always bring your phone and/or camera.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car or van, and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Please note that public toilets are not easily available for this hike. We may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet our toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- In case of very poor weather, for the sake of our safety, Hike Guilin may make a postponement or cancellation decision right before the hiking departure time. In the circumstance of cancellation or postponement (but you are not able to do it in the postponed time), we will refund the money.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.