Exit Regulations of China

1. What documents should I prepare when exit China?
Answer: Your passport, visa, credentials and other documents that have been checked by the frontier inspection office. Besides, you need to fill a Departure Card and a Custom declaration Form when leaving. You should leave China within the time limit prescribed in the visas or within the period validity of their residence certificates.

If you hold a residence certificate and you plan to leave China in the period of validity of the said certificate and then re-enter China, you shall before leaving China, apply to the local public security organ of the visa to return to China. While, if you do not wish to return to China after exit, you shall exit your residence certificate to the border.

2. Am I allowed to take the things bought in China out?
Answer: Of course, as long as the goods are not the restricted articles and the amount of which does not exceed the baggage allowance.

3.How much currency can I take with me when exiting?
Answer: The amount can not be larger than that of you take in at the last entry into China or less than USD 10,000 or other currencies equivalent. While, when the currency you take is between USD 5,000 and 10,000, a Foreign Currency Holding Permit issued by the bank should be submitted to the custom.

4. What kinds of things are not allowed to be taken out of China?
Answer: At the Exit Regulation of PRC, many articles are prohibited from being taken out.
1. All the articles within the extension of the prohibited importation
2. Precious cultural relics and the cultural relics that are prohibited to export.
3. Manuscript, presswork, roll film, photographs, phonograph disc, films, tape, video tape, laser video, laser audio disc, computer storage medium and other items related to the Official Secrets of China.

5. Who will be prohibited from exiting?
Answer: At the Exit Regulation of PRC, the following people are prohibited from exiting.
a). People who are sentenced or being imprisoned in the implementation of the reeducation through labor.
b). People who hold invalid exit credentials, including forged, altered or another's credentials
c). People who are forbidden to exit by the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of State Security of China.
d). Defendant of the criminal case and suspect convicted by Police Department, People's Procuratorate or People's Court
e). People who have already violated Chinese law; whose behavior has not been dealt with, but is recognized by the legal authorities.
f). People who are still involved in civil cases.
g). People who refuse the frontier inspection of China.
h). People who do not exit through the appointed exit port.
i). People who are considered to be carrying contraband goods.
j). People who have been forced to take measures or are serving sentences.

Quick search a tour:
How long your trip will be:
You plan to start in:
tailor made your owns China Tours


[email protected]


+86 13978369041



Associated with or Member of:

Follow Us at:

Travelers' Reviews on:

Copyright © 2010-2019 China Expedition Tours. All Rights Reserved