Three Gorges Travel Tips
Weather and Climate
Affected greatly by the special geography, canyon, the climate in Three Gorges is somewhat awful, which results in the weather disadvantages in summer and winter. That is to say, only spring and autumn are suitable to travel around the picturesque landscapes.
Local Festival and Customs
Along the Three Gorges rout, ships will berth to show the tourists around the town and villages along where you can shop the local specialties and experience the local customs, which will be exciting.
Such traditional Chinese festivals as the Spring Festival, Lantern Festival, Tomb-sweeping Festival and Mid-autumn Festival are also celebrated in Three Gorges area. Besides, some local festivals are also impressive, like going to pilgrim and flying the kite.
From the third day of lunar January to the 15th day, the Tu and Miao minorities, who are talented in dancing, will hold solemn activities to celebrate the New Year. During the activities, people, young and old, will all dress up to join in the dancing.
On the third day of the lunar March, people there will make a snack named “Gaozi Baba” and hang the willow branch on the door for blessing, and some will hang the colorful streamers on the top of the ancestors’ tomb.
Other Odds and Ends
Phone Dialing Code: 0512
Weather Forecast: 121
Car Renting: 67272200
Suzhou Post Office: 67286827
Tourist Information: 65203131
Air Ticket Reservations: 65222788
Suzhou Railway Station: 67216726
Suzhou Tourist Complaints: 65223377
Other Tips (On Board)
1. Take the waterproof camera,
2. Learn well about your itinerary,
3. Take care of your belongings, such as passport,
4. Learn well about the exact location of your room,
5. Learn well about your guide and the service number,
6. Learn well about the location of different facilities, such as the bars,
7. Learn well about the exact location of your dinner table, which is fixed,
8. Learn well about evacuation chart on the backside of the door in your room.