Nanshan is one of the birthplaces of the Buddhism in China, where many significant Buddhists have been here and left behind many Buddhist Classics, such as the Mother Buddha and the Buddhist Jianzhen from China and the Japanese monk Konghai. Therefore, local people built up the Nanshan Temple, covering 4,000,000 m2, in memory of the Buddhists who made great contribution to the development of Chinese Buddhist.
Nanshan Temple is built in the southernmost of Sayan city, facing the vast sea and surrounded by the green hills, in which there is a set of 33 sculptures of Mother Buddha and a 108-meter-tall sculpture of Mother Buddha. The magnificent temple is a treasure mine that full of many Buddhist cultural classics. An increasing number of tourists come here to experience the Buddhist culture, to taste the real monks’ vegetarian food, to photograph the grand sights or to participate in the Shadow Boxing practice in the morning.
Nanshan Tourism Zone, a five-star scenic spot, is a combination of culture and nature, where you can experience not only the Buddhist culture, but also the picturesque landscapes in which you may relax entirely and you can return to the pure nature life. Mild sunshine, pure sea, soft beach, blossoming flowers and green woods are waiting for you.
1. It is impolite to take photo with the Buddha.
2. Take the sunglass, sun hat and sun cream with you
3. Leave behind nothing except your footprints to keep it clean.
4. Enter the temple at the left side of the door and exit at the right side.
5. The goods in the market is cheaper than that in the temple entrance.
6. Don’t get annoyed, when the monks don’t greet back to you, because they pay little attention to the daily greeting.
Opening Hours: 9:00 -- 18:00
150CNY for entrance
48 CNY for the vegetarian banquet
Half fare for the students, soldiers and people over 70
20 CNY for the Golden Sculpture of the Mother Buddha
Location: 40 km away from city center of Sanya
Transportation: Shuttle Bus (9 CNY), Tour Bus (5 CNY) and Taxi (50-100CNY) will bring you here.