As the traffic hub of the mid-west China, CHENGDU SHUANGLIU AIRPORT (CTU) is the sixth largest airport in China. Merely 16 kilometers (10 miles) away from the center of Chengdu City and be gotten easily by expressway, CHENGDU SHUANGLIU AIRPORT is able to transport 170,000 numbers of flights annually. A newly construction terminal building that covers 40,000m2 has been operation in 2004.
Form here you can travel to 71 Chinese main cities, like Hong Kong
, Nanjing, Xi'an
, Lanzhou, Urumqi
, Chamdo, Xiamen, Kunming
and Haikou; and 21 international cities such as the Los Angles, London, Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Brussels, Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul, Bangkok and Singapore etc.
Get to the airport
1. Take subway: The No. 1 and No. 10 subway can take you there costing only half an hour.
2. By bus: Take the No. 300, 304, 318 and 804 can get to the airport from the coach stations.
3. Take Taxi: From the center of the Chengdu city Tianfu Square to the airport, the taxi fee is 70 CNY.
4. Take airports shuttle: The airports shuttles start from the Lantian Hotel (at the South Renmin Rd.) via Minshan Mountain Restaurant, Jinjiang Hotel and Provincial Gym. The No. 303 buses starts from Minshan Mountain Restaurant are available every 10 minutes.
Airport Inquiry Number: 028-82003666 /85205555 (The service works in Mandarin and English.)
There are three railway stations in Chengdu.
The North Railway Station is larger than the South Railway Station. The South is for the people travel in the Sichuan Province. You can take public buses No 102, 111, 112, 118, 153, 16, 181, 19, 300, 303, 304, 404, 406, 49, 501, 504, 521, 542, 545, 806, 815A, 815, 816 and 99 to get to the station.
While the trains set off from the North are the Saloon Carriage and can transport an average daily person-time of 40,000 who travel via the Baoji-Chengdu, Chongqing-Chengdu, Kunming-Chengdu and Dazhou-Chengdu line. The waiting hall that can hold 9,000 passengers covers 20,000m2. You can take public buses No. 2, 9, 16, 24, 27, 34, 36, 50, 51, 52, 54, 65, 69, 73, 80, 86, 98, 108, 177, 402 and 409 to get to Chengdu North Railway Station.
The New Station (also called the East Station that locates in the East Sanhuan Road) has just been into service on January 19, 2011. The New Station covers 70,000m2 is a collection of the railway, subway, bus, taxi and various vehicles, making it possible for people transfer the vehicle in a short time. Take the No. 2 and 7 subways and other vehicles can get there easily.
1. The allowance weigh of luggage by train is 10 kg for each child and 20 kg for each adult.
2. The train ticket is sold 10 days in advance. That is to say, you can buy the ticket 10 days before the date you go to travel.
3. You can book the ticket on line or through the hotline. But never buy the tickets offered by the strangers in the Station for its illegal.
4. Compensation fare should by paid if your loss your ticket before or after you board the train. If you find your ticket after boarding and paying the compensation fare, find the train conductor to get back your money which will be deducted the procedure fee.
5. The ticket is valid 3 days after the train left, which means that when you miss the train or cancel your travel, you can get a refund for the ticket in three days after the train left.
Chengdu is the meeting point of the some main national highway. No. 108 national highway liking Beijing and Kunming, No. 213 linking Lanzhou and Yunnan, No. 317 linking the Tibet and Chengdu, No. 319 linking Xiamen and Chengdu and No. 321 linking Guangzhou and Chengdu all meet here. The passenger flow volume ranks third in the whole country. There are five long distance bus stations.
The North Gate Station locates in the Yihuan Road, mainly for the travelers to the south Chengdu.
The Gaosun Tang Station locates in the Erhuan Road, mainly for the travelers to the Tibet and Sinkiang.
The New South Gate Station locates in the New South Gate Road, from where the coaches for the tourism spots are set off.
The Tea House Station locates in the Erhuan Road, especially for the travelers to west and north Sichuan and the scenic spots.
The Wugui Bridge Station (the Chengdu master station), next to the Tower Mountain Park, transport the passengers from the Chengdu to Chongqing.
It takes 1 Yuan for common buses and 2 Yuan for buses with air condition. Buses for most of the scenic spots in the city are available. And the buses are generally self-service ticketing, so you need to prepare the coins or smackers of CNY in advance.
Complaint telephone for taxi service
|Flag-down Fare (CNY)
||Over 2 km (1.2miles) (CNY)/km
||Over 7 km (4.2 miles)
||More 50% of total fee should be paid
Chengdu subway system consists of 10 subway lines. The first subway that was put into operation in the late 2010 is the No. 1 subway totally 22.5 km (13.5 miles), starting from the North Renmin Road to the Guangdu Street in the Huayang Town, via the Renmin Road, Exhibition Center, Technology Town. The fee for each person each time is 2 CNY at least.