- From $1555Chinese Gourmet Tour Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Shanghai
- From $1136East China Ancient Town Experience Tour, from US$1136 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Shanghai, Huangshan Mountain, Wuyuan, Jingdezhen, Beijing
- From $2297Beautiful China Photo Tour, from US$2297 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-la, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1578Sweet Honeymoon Holiday in China, from US$1578 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Guilin, (Hong Kong)
- From $1197Home Stay in Guilin of Best of China, from US$1197 Beijing, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Dali, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin
As the world’s largest water conservancy and hydroelectric project, Three Gorges Dam costs 12 years to complete since the year of 1994. Three Gorges Dam, spanning as long as 2 km (1.2 miles), together with the 600 km long reservoir forms the most spectacular man-design landscape over Yangtze River, which is a rare scene in the world.
Three Gorges Dam is as high as 185 meters and as wide as 18 meters on the top and 130 meters at the bottom, just like a giant arm blocking in the Three Gorges. Situated at the entrance to the Xiling Gorge, it is the economic and cultural center of the western Hubei Province. In addition to the soaring locks of the Dam, the Three Travelers Cave, just six miles northwest of the city, is awe-inspiring. Here, both Tang-dynasty and Song-dynasty poets inscribed poems on the cave's walls. Throughout the ages, other visiting literati have offered their own contributions.
There is a 185-meter-high platform, as high as the Three Gorges Dam, for sightseeing, from where you can have a Bird's eye view over the Yangtze River. Below the platform, in a place with the altitude of 175 meters you can enjoy a peaceful view of the lake formed by the Three Gorges Dam as well as the uncommon scene when the ships go across the ship lift.
Inside the scenic spot, precious exhibits displayed in the Three Gorges exhibition hall and shows in the Jieliu Memorial Hall will help you learn about the history of the splendid Three Gorges Dam. The shows are put on the stage at 9:00, 10:30, 14:30 and 15:30 for you.
Opening Hours: 8:00-19:00 (daytime) 19:00-22:00 (evening)
105 CNY for daytime (includes tour bus and ticket for dam crest)
57 CNY for daytime (excludes ticket for dam crest)
105 CNY for the evening show (includes tour bus)
Location: Yichang City, Hubei Province
Transportation: Start from Yichang, there are several ways to get to Three Gorges Dam as followings.
1. Take bus No. 3, 4, 9, 21 and 100 to Dongshan Ave. Stop, and take the tour bus to the spot directly
2. Take bus No. 4, 10, 21, 100 and 101 to Yemingzhu Stop, and take the bus No.8 to the Liujia Tourist Reception Center then take the tour bus to the spot directly