Provinces refer to the administrative plans of the People’s Republic of China, which has 34 provincial-level administrative regions, including 23 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 4 municipalities directly under the central government and 2 special administrative regions.
Including: Beijing, tianjin, Shanghai, Chongqing, Hebei, Shanxi, Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Guangdong, Hainan, Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan, Shaanxi, Gansu , Qinghai , Taiwan , Inner Mongolia, Guangxi, Tibet, Ningxia, Xinjiang , Hong Kong and the Macao .
- East China (including Shandong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian and Jiangxi);
- South China (including Guangdong, Guangxi and Hainan);
- Central China (including Henan, Hunan and Hubei);
- North China (including Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shanxi and Inner Mongolia);
- Northwest China (including Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Gansu and Xinjiang);
- Southwest China (including Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan, Chongqing and Tibet);
- Northeast China (including Liaoning, Jilin and Heilongjiang);
- Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan)
Provinces: Hebei, Shanxi, Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Guangdong, Hainan, Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan, Shaanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Taiwan
Municipality : Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Chongqing.
Ethnic autonomous regions: Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Tibet Autonomous Region.
Special Administrative Region: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region.
A municipality is one of the administrative divisions in China. It is an organized city directly under the jurisdiction of the central people’s government. A municipality usually needs a large resident population and usually plays an important role in the political, economic, cultural, tourism and other aspects of the country.
The ethnic autonomous region, one of the administrative divisions in China, is based on the areas where China’s ethnic minorities live. Its local government will have more autonomy in internal affairs than any other province.
Special administrative regions, as one of the administrative divisions in China, refer to the local administrative regions established within the administrative regions of the People’s Republic of China in accordance with the provisions of the constitution, which enjoy special legal status and practise the capitalist system and capitalist way of life.